23.6.10

Update: Vegetable Garden


Finally! Our small plot at the side of the house is finished and the plants are in the ground (just in time for the summer solstice.) I am fully aware that we're running a little late on this project, but here in California I figure we've still got another 3+ months to grow & harvest. We've planted a pumpkin vine, a cucumber vine, a summer squash vine, a zucchini vine, 2 tomato plants, 6 strawberry plants, 6 blue-lake bean vines plus some nasturtiums & morning glories just for fun. Now we will just water our little sprouts and watch them grow...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I planted string beans and gave up this year. Next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... I planted my blue-lake string beans outside the chicken wire fence which surrounds the little garden. Sure enough, 2 of my string bean vines were eaten down to the stems by our local deer. If I have time tomorrow, I think I'll have to move the 4 remaining string bean vines inside the enclosure (if they don't get eaten in the wee hours of tomorrow morning!)

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)