27.5.10

Our New Vegetable Garden

For the past few years I have very much wanted to have a vegetable garden but did not want to change any of the plantings in our back-garden. I started eyeing this spot tucked away on the side of our house early last winter. Here is a photo of our future vegetable garden. It's looked like this for several weeks now (maybe a month.)

I desperately want to plant my vegetables but don't want to lose my garden to the local deer and rampaging raccoons. I am waiting until my Mr. Bloom has time to frame a little door and tack up all that chicken wire... sigh... Maybe we'll be able to get it done Monday. A friend gave me an article from Sunset Magazine which says it's still not too late to plant our tomatoes!

I'm dreaming of a summer of round, red tomatoes and endless zucchini omelets... sigh...

2 comments:

  1. This is a great spot for a garden!!! Hope it happens for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a tiny spot. When all is said and done, I'll have room for 2 tomato plants, a cucumber bush, 2 zucchini/summer-squash vines & a pumpkin vine (and maybe some nasturtiums because they look so pretty peeking out among the vegetables.)

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)