27.7.15

tutorial :: making a peg doll dining table

 

Last Monday I posted a tutorial for making a peg doll house.  Last Wednesday I posted a tutorial for making peg doll beds, and today I have a tutorial on creating tables for your peg doll house.


As with the peg doll house and beds, I used only items I had in my cupboards and did not buy any special materials for these projects.  I also made the furniture designs as simple as possible so that even a small child could have success creating these items.

SUPPLIES 
(note: the supplies listed are suggestions and you do not need all the supplies to create just one table. Pick and choose from the supply list according to what you have on hand.)

-- Cardboard
-- Small cardboard gift/jewelry box,
       2 1/4 in x 3 1/4 in (5 1/2 cm x 8 cm)
-- Decorative paper or card-stock (optional)
-- Paint & paint brushes (optional)
-- A spool of thread
-- Buttons
-- Scissors
-- PVA/white craft glue


STEP 1 :: For an oval shaped table, cut an oval out of cardboard (my oval is 3 1/4 in/8 cm at it's widest point).  For a rectangular table, cut a rectangle from a piece of cardboard (my rectangle is approx. 3 in x 4 in/8 cm x 10 cm).  

STEP 2 :: Paint your table-top, or cover the top of your table with paper. (I covered my rectangular table-top with blue paper and painted the oval.)

STEP 3 :: A small spool of thread or lid from a jewelry gift box would make an excellent base for a table.  Use PVA/white craft glue to secure your table-top to whatever sort of table-base you choose.  


Once your table is created, you might consider whether your peg dolls would like to sit on some cushions or chairs.  My peg dolls enjoy using colorful buttons as chairs.


"Hello. Please come in and join me at the table. I've prepared a nice supper for us!"


You can find tiny wooden bowls available for purchase here.  And please come back on Wednesday for another tutorial.  It's a surprise, and you will be utterly delighted.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)