16.9.11

Hand, Hand, Fingers Thumb


Hand
Hand
Fingers
Thumb

One thumb
One thumb
Drumming on a drum.

One hand
Two hands
Drumming on a drum.

Dum ditty
Dum ditty
Dum dum dum.

The words in this book are so very addictive. Our wee Bloom requests it by patting a rhythm on his round little tummy,  reciting, "DA-da-da..." and I hate to tell you how many times I read it to him every day. I'm not tired of it (yet),  but it does stick in my head and won't go away.  How about you?

Dum ditty
Dum ditty
Dum dum dum.

4 comments:

  1. My kids weren't so crazy about this one. They, do, however *love* the Green Sheep book you suggested. Love, love, love it. I'm going to have to acquire a copy once this one is due back to the library. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! So rhythmic! Also love Red Fish, Blue Fish...and so many other Dr. Seussish books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My crew have all LOVED this when they were "little". Sadly, the book was loved to bits. Literally.

    Dum ditty
    dum dity
    dum dum dum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much..you did that on purpose didn't you? dum ditty, dum dity, dum dum dum...

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)