12.5.14

drum roll please


Drum roll please (and a teeny, tiny 
peg doll sized trumpet fanfare...)


Here it is!  The cover of my new book!  Yes, the title is Making Peg Dolls & More: toys that spin, fly and bring sweet dreams.

The basic idea behind the book is this:  I wanted to bring peg dolls off the shelf and out of the doll house to spin, fly and travel about in the larger world.   Between the covers of the book there are patterns for dolls to sit on your pincushion & help mind your stitches, dolls flying through the air on dragons and bright winged birds, dolls to accompany children through the day as they face the world and through the night as they dream on their pillows, plus so much more.

Currently, the book is set to release this coming October -- just in time for holiday gift-giving.  I will keep you posted with more details as they are available.


p.s. A special thank you to an elf named Lucy who designed such a pretty cover!

11 comments:

  1. Yay! So completely wonderful, and terribly exciting! Congratulations Margaret. Such a fantastic concept. Can't wait to see x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I am so looking forward to this book! I love your whimsy and your imagination and your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I look forward to seeing all these cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! So excited! I love your last book as do my children and my friends! So cannot wait for this one. Hurrah!!! Can anyone ever have enough of making peg dolls? Me thinks not!! �� X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! How very exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just while I was penning my last missive, I was wondering where the promised cover had got to. And here it is - ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Lovely. Hope you didn't delay until I got my application in? Well done and absolutely charming. @>------------)------------ by the dozen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited you did another peg book.Love your first one and have made several projects from it.Anxiously awaiting the new book. Also love the little finger puppets and projects you share on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! I cannot wait to make more magical pegs (and more!). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)