20.10.11

A Fat Little Bat


A few weeks ago I spotted this project here on the Family Fun website.  Just give the string a pull and...

 Up go the little wings!

If you go to the Family Fun website, please note, I made a few changes to their pattern. They made their bat from craft foam while I used cardboard; and their bat is hanging upside down while mine hangs right-side-up (I know bats sleep upside down, but I don't believe they actually fly upside down!)  Also, I reduced their pattern by 64%. I wanted my bat to be small and cute... not big and scary.  Lastly, they stated this craft would take an hour, but I found that, once I'd gathered my supplies, it only took me 15 or 20 minutes to complete.  Putting this together was easy-peasy!


Doesn't he look cute hanging on the inside of our front door?

How are your Halloween decorations coming along?  Any favorite new projects?

4 comments:

  1. ohhh I love this!! i will be copying that!!
    Kimmy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a child and found this on a door, I'd be absolutely fascinated. As it is, moving wings? Grown-up fascination too. What's wrong with us, Ms. Bloom Here that we never can be satisfied to use a pattern as it? Always tinkering!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little bat project- this would be a fun one to make!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)