10.4.10

Secret of the Kells

A few days ago I took Little Mr. B. to see the movie Secret of the Kells. The animation design was gorgeous and I would highly recommend this movie, but with a caveat -- the scenes depicting a viking invasion were abstract in style but intense and scary. For younger children, it might be better to watch this on DVD (and skip the scary parts.)

One thing I wish I'd done prior to taking my son to see the movie was borrow books about the Book of Kells from the library. In this way he could have studied the art closely and understood its relationship to the story in the movie (the books are on hold for us now at the library and we'll be able to enjoy them during the rainy weather predicted over next few days...)

If you see this movie, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)