21.2.12

Umbrella

There is a little shop of used books in the foyer of my town's public library.  I have spoken of it before as a place of many treasures and much temptation.  A few weeks ago, on one of my usual jaunts to the library, this book caught my eye.  The author, Taro Yashima, is best known for his book Crow Boy, but this book, Umbrella, is a gem and a delight.

The story is about a little girl named Momo who receives red rain boots and an umbrella for her birthday.  With great anticipation she waits for a rainy day so she can use her gifts, and when it does rain, she enjoys the wonderful music of the rain on her umbrella...

Bon polo
bon polo
ponpolo ponpolo
ponpolo ponpolo
bolo bolo ponpolo
bolo bolo ponpolo
boto boto ponpolo
boto boto ponpolo
(from Umbrella by Taro Yashima)


* * *
 Is it raining on your house today?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like a great book. I will have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a sweet book. No rain here in the desert! We're always excited to see it come though, that's when we pull out our hardly used rain gear!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)