23.11.11

Last-Minute Thanksgiving Crafts

Browsing around on-line at ideas for Thanksgiving crafts, I was inspired to throw together a few last-minute  holiday decorations with my little Mr...

With all the November turkey-themed-madness here in the U.S.,  I believe this may be the first time I've ever created a pine-cone turkey... Well, perhaps back in kindergarten, but I really cannot remember!  Lacking the usual pom-poms and googly-eyes in my stash, I improvised heads for these turkeys from pecans. I was in charge of wielding the hot-glue gun to attach the pecan-heads, little Mr. was in charge of tail-feather design and my wee Bloom was in charge of grabbing feathers off the table, running away with them and squealing with laughter as feathers fluttered around the house!

We also quickly assembled this paper leaf garland to hang in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room...  easy-peasy.  My parents arrived from Los Angeles last night and so things are feeling joyful and festive around here.

Gobble-gobble!

5 comments:

  1. I think there's a little bit of magic in improvisation/substitution and I much prefer your pecans to pompoms and googly eyes! The leaf garland is beautiful too. I wish we had a festival of gratitude in Australia. I think it's a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your turkeys!! The leaf garland is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun! I love celebrations! It's so fun to see the little guys catch the giggles and sparkle of special days, special treats. Happy thanksgiving and happy family time to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I also whish we had a Thanksgiving festival here in Catalonia, but there's no chance, I think I'm going to import yours and start doing something special here, at home, with my little family.

    I hope you have nice time with your family. And I love these turkeys!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Moms Share!! I hope you will share again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)