20.6.11

Twelve Years


He searched for those wings that he knew
that this angel should have at her back.
And although he can’t find them
he really don’t mind
because he knows they’ll grow back.
And he reaches for that halo that he knows
that she had when she first caught his eye.
Although his hand came back empty
he’s really not worried
because he knows it still shines.

I can’t promise that I’ll grow those wings
or keep this tarnished halo shining
but I’ll never betray your trust
angel mine.


-- from the song Angel Mine by Cowboy Junkies

Happy 12 years, my love!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest anniversary wishes to you both. May there be many, many more songs and much dancing with smiles like the one on your face in that picture xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Enjoy a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)