17.12.12

Making Peg Dolls: The First Launch Party


I was very excited to receive this photo of Steffi Stern with dolls she created using patterns from my book.  This photo heralded the first launch parties on December 14th and 15th for Making Peg Dolls.  Because the publisher Hawthorn Press is located in Gloucestershire, it was natural that the first launch celebrations should occur there (never mind that I was 5,268 miles away and pouting a bit because I could not attend the party...)  As consolation, I was promised photos, and this morning several arrived via email!

These first launch parties to celebrate Making Peg Dolls were hosted by Steffi Stern of the shop Mother Goose in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire.  At Mother Goose you can find:
  • Seasonal craft materials, simple and natural products for a range of craft projects.
  • Crafting project kits for needle felting, knitting, sewing etc.
  • A wide range of yarns, all with a high natural fibre content.  Especially wool and alpaca.
  • Beautiful wooden knitting needles – available to any length and personalised with your name or a message.
  • Handspun and hand dyed wool for knitting, crochet and felting, yarn from unusual sources (vegan & eco-friendly yearns), haberdashery etc.
  • Steiner Waldorf school supplies.
  • Beautiful, practical, handmade items, all unique made by local craftspeople from natural materials. 
Mother Goose also hosts knitting, crochet, needle felting, weaving and sewing workshops, plus twice weekly knitting circles.  Don't you wish you could visit Steffi's shop, too?

My favorite photos were ones taken of marvelous folks from Hawthorn Press.  What were they doing in these photos?  Painting peg dolls, of course!  In the photo I share with you above, you can see Mary, Joseph, the Three Wise Men and the Shepherd all created by workshop participants from patterns in my book. I love seeing dolls created from my designs;  even when following the patterns precisely each person manages to make their own dolls unique (I find the uniqueness of each doll to it's maker utterly delightful...)

Thank you to everyone who gave this book such a happy launch!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Peggy I just can't wait until I can buy the book! The sun and moon and ooo little stars....I just can't wait to get started! You should be ever so proud. Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy book launch! I'm so very proud of you, my friend! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare (you know the one)December 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM

    Ooooohhh Aaaaaahhh Geeeee what can I say. Other than it is party time. Congratulations, may Peg Dolls take the world by storm. I hope the wooden doll suppliers are looking at this. They won't be able to keep up the demand once the book hits the shelf. warm wishes Mon Cherie, bask in the warm glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm make my pouting because Clare's book arrived first seem a little self indulgent..
    Blah! I hope you opened a bottle of fizz? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing peg people Lovely! I cannot wait to buy a copy come February. Biggest happiest congratulations to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i live few minutes from steffi shop and i went along to a workshop on the launch day.....and guess what i got for christmas.....a beautiful copy of your book....will send some piccies of what i've been creating

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)