6.6.12

Book Spine Poetry

I was alerted to the blog 100 Scope Notes and the concept of Book Spine Poetry via the lovely Anna B.  The samples of book spine poetry posted over at 100 Scope Notes are laugh-out-loud funny and not to be missed.  Of course, after having a look, I was compelled to try this out and have discovered that creating book spine poems is an addictive pastime.  My first attempt turned out to be R-Rated (and not exactly appropriate for this blog.)  Above, you can see a sample of one of my subsequent attempts...

If you're of a mind (and have time to email a photo), I'd love to see what you come up with!

5 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! I love this idea! We could have a party of words with all the children's books in our house! Great, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea, I must have a look in my bookcase, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I'm in the midst of packing up the bookcase to move house. It may just take a little longer now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meg -- Goodness, moving house with 4 children. I can only imagine what a job that will be! I hope to see your book spine poetry once your bookcase has been installed in your new home!

      mb

      Delete
  4. oooh i love this idea! it has been tooooo long since i've stopped by your e-home here! this familiar place is comforting! xo...

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)