18.9.10

Apples and Honey

As we celebrate Rosh Hashana (the Jewish New Year) and Yom Kippur (the Day of Repentance) I find myself grateful for the apple tree in my neighbor's front yard. Traditionally for Rosh Hashana we eat apples dipped in honey -- apples to symbolize the round earth and honey for a Sweet New Year.

Besides eating apples & honey, it's traditional to prepare sweet dishes with apples. I was visiting Little Green Bums the other day and discovered her link to a recipe for apple cake over at The Inadvertent Farmer. I can't wait to try it...

Wishing you Shana Tova -- a Sweet, Good Year...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the linkup, P! Let me know what you think of the cake...
    Wishing you a year of unmitigated sweetness,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)