14.2.15

mail myself to you





I'm a-gonna wrap myself in paper.
I'm gonna daub myself with glue,
Stick some stamps on top of my head;
I'm gonna mail myself to you.

I'm a-gonna tie me up in red string,
I'm gonna tie blue ribbons, too,
I'm a-gonna climb up in my mail box;
I'm gonna mail myself to you.

When you see me in your mail box,
Cut the string and let me out;
Wash the glue from off my fingers,
Stick some bubblegum in my mouth.

Take me out of my wrapping paper,
Wash the stamps off my head,
Pour me full of ice cream sodies,
Put me in a nice, warm bed.

-- by Woodie Guthrie

(My 4 year old and I have been singing this song together all week. In case you are not familiar, here is a clip of John McCutcheon singing it...)


Wishing you a happy day
xo

1 comment:

  1. I just love that song. Tis' shame the likes of lyrists such as Woody and Pete are seldom seen/heard now a days.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)