12.3.13

Hello Wombat

The morning I was set to work on the vegetable-themed dolls for my book Making Peg Dolls I mentioned to my friend Caroline that this was the plan.  I told her I was going to design carrots, tomatoes, radishes, peas-in-a-pod and a cabbage.  Her response was, "How about corn?"  Corn?!  Did I not already have enough to do?  Corn.  The idea of a corn-on-the-cob peg doll stuck in my head, and so of course I had to make one (thank you Caroline!)

A similar thing happened the other night.  I was chatting via email with my friend Clare in Australia and she mentioned she'd been sketching Australian animal peg dolls.  Australian animal peg dolls?!  Am I not already working on a pile of other projects?  Australian animal peg dolls.  The idea stuck in my head, and so as soon as I had a free moment I grabbed some dolls, paint and felt...


 Hello wombat.


Hello koala.

 

Hello lorikeet.


Hello everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Adorable :-) You have peg dolls on my brain too!! It is a good thing to think about though :-) And I've even been making wombats too {but not of the peg doll variety}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love wombats?? So adorable! I am really looking forward to the veggies, too!!
    have a great week
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now weren't you the one who said you were giving peg dolls a rest!
    The Rainbow Lorikett reminds me of my friend's apartment in Sydney, which is level with trees were lots of those colourful birds hang out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ha ha! Yes, I did say I was going to give peg dolls a rest -- at least as far as my blog was concerned (behind the scenes the peg doll elves are still hard at work on top-secret assignments...)

      :-)
      mb

      Delete
  4. Haha...I've been thinking up Canadian animal peg dolls...raccoons, skunks, beavers, bears...you've got us all sick with pegdollitis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, darling down unders! You are such a clever bird, Bloom! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ack! The cuteness!! I know of a certain little koala girl who would go crazy over something like that. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cuties! A few more books in the making?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh Aussie animals - I NEED to make some of those for my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, typical Bloom charm. I have no bloom just now. Snow and a cold. Smiled at your stuff, tho. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)