22.12.11

Gum Drops

Last week I was (again) strolling through the foyer of my local library, past the little 2nd-hand book shop which is an endless treasure trove.  A volume of recipes and entertaining tips by the inimitable Martha Stewart caught my eye and I quickly paged through the book. There were several appealing recipes, but the moment my eyes landed on instructions using *gumdrops* to create tiny people, snowmen and birds I knew I had to have this book!

 Off to the store I went for some supplies...

 My little Mr. built this tiny alien monster with a face only a mother could love,

 And our neighbor, the lovely Miss A. constructed a house, a sofa, and also a variety of creatures...

I joined in the fun and came up with this toadstool and a bird.  For more ideas using gumdrops you can visit Martha Stewart's website here and here...

 And if you undertake this slightly sticky project, I hope you have as much fun as we did!

 P.S.  If you would like a chance to win one of these sparkling angels please do visit this post here and leave a comment!  Happy Holidays --

xo

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun!! We will definitely have to do this one once things calm down around here with the Christmas/birthday buzz (only a little over a week to go).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love your mushroom - of course! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gumdrop birds! yummy, clever you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do not like gumdrops--but I LOVE these. what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday, Margaret! I hope you had a wonderful Hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I don't think I have the book anymore (I cannot find it at the moment), but there are some nice tutorials on her website http://www.marthastewart.com/273470/gumdrop-pops/

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I think I've found it, Martha's Parties/Projects for Holidays, hoping to make the gumdrop people. Your toadstool and bird are adorable! :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Michelle! I had a look at your blog -- it's gorgeous!
      mb

      Delete

Thank you for your comments -- I am always happy to hear from you! All comments will appear after moderation and so may not be immediately visible.