2.6.16

making peg dolls :: the trilogy


One morning a few weeks ago, I woke up and ambled downstairs (as usual).  I made tea (as usual).  I sat down to quickly scan email before everyone else rolled into the kitchen (as usual).  But lo and behold -- something unusual and rather happy-making had arrived overnight via email.  A contract! For peg doll book #3!


The contract was not entirely unexpected; I submitted a proposal to the elves at Hawthorn Press last year, and have already spent time emailing to and fro with the head-elf-in-chief and head-elf-craft-book-editor, discussing possible titles.  But in our house we often say, "It ain't a book contract until the fat lady signs on the dotted line" (our own personal version of this colloquialism).


When I was working on my second book, I couldn't say much about it until shortly before the release, and the situation is the same again.  However, I can tell you this: my third book will be entirely different again from the first two.  As for the title?  Some suggestions for the second book were Valley of the (Peg Dolls), Night of the Living Peg Dolls, Peg Dolls vs. Godzilla, and Return of the Peg Dolls.  Contending titles for the third book?  Peg Dolls with a Vengeance! The Peg Doll Ultimatum!

It will be a while before the book is released (right now, it's looking like late 2017 or early 2018) but I thought you'd enjoy knowing that, even when things are quiet here on my blog, the elves and I are humming away behind the scenes...

13 comments:

  1. Exciting news! Margaret. I look forward to the next instalment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie! So nice to hear from you -- I hope all is well with you and yours. xo

      Delete
  2. So exciting and I am sooo excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny! I will keep everyone posted with updates when I'm able... Busy right now with the last few weeks of school, but once we are settled in for summer, I will knuckle down and try to get some work done... Wish me luck!

      Delete
  3. I'm very happy for you ; it's a very nice news ! In your head, your ideas would be like bees !!! Sorry if it isn't comprehensible ...
    Have a good day !
    Christineh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Christine, I understand exactly! My ideas do often feel like bees in my head, buzzing around and around -- a perfect description!

      Lovely to hear from you, as always, and thank you for your kind words --

      xo
      mb

      Delete
  4. Bravo! Encore de ses belles poupées de bois. Quelle délicatesse dans ce travail.
    In English: it's a wonderfull news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour les mots gentils! (I hope that's correct -- I intend to say, "Thank you for the kind words!")

      xo
      mb

      Delete
  5. How exciting! Both boys (3 and 5) love reading your book 1 and of course painting! I'd better save my pennies for book two before the next one rolls around.

    Thank you for all the wonderful moments I spend with my children and your creations.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adriana -- I means so much to hear about families enjoying my books. Truly, messages like yours keep me creating!!

      Wishing you and your boys many happy hours of peg doll love...

      Delete
  6. I am happy for you.
    And looking forward to it

    Heidi 🇳🇱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi -- I hope you will enjoy the outcome of my efforts!!

      mb

      Delete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)