29.3.13

Meeting Susan Perrow



You know Susan Perrow's books, right?  She wrote Healing Stories for Challenging Behavior...


And Therapeutic Storytelling: 101 Healing Stories for Children.


Susan has also just released her first e-book (available via Amazon) titled A Spoonful of Stories.


Additionally, she wrote the introduction for a little book near and dear to my heart (oh, yes, she did, indeed... lucky me!)


Well, it just so happens that Susan Perrow has been here in the US for the past several weeks, offering workshops for teachers in Denver, speaking at a school in San Francisco, and next week she will be on her way to present workshops in San Diego, then on to Iowa and Brooklyn.  But in between her official engagements, she had several days to spare... And guess with whom she spent those several days?


In between cups of tea, a yoga class and a few dinners together, we went for a walk through a local redwood tree grove...


Chased after my toddler...


Visited one of my favorite beaches (and chased after my toddler...)

Susan in Chengdu, China: photo courtesy of Healing Through Stories

From here, Susan is on her way to present workshops in Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania.  Later this year, she will be a keynote speaker at a conference in India, and rumor has it that she might even be back in the US in autumn 2014(!?)  Meanwhile, you can keep up with Susan through her blog Healing Through Stories and via her facebook page.

Thank you, Susan, for spending time with me, my family & friends.  
It was an honor and a pleasure to have you here with us.

2 comments:

  1. I love her books, they have been a lifesaver for me and my family.Thanks for letting us know about the ebook. I'm on my way to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful visit! We have so enjoyed her book on Healing Stories, and I look forward to adding more to our collection, and incorporating her work and wisdom into our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- I am always happy to hear from you! All comments will appear after moderation and so may not be immediately visible.