1.3.13

Birthday Quotes


I've received such lovely emails and comments in response to this post here.  It lifts my heart to be in the company of friends who have shared thoughts about birthdays and aging.  In response, I've dug further for quotes.  Here are my favorites (I hope you like them, too!)

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
(attributed to several sources)

Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
(Mark Twain)

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
(Mark Twain)

(ooh, that Mark Twain... he came up with some good ones, didn't he?!)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite birthday quote is from my dad. He says, "Every birthday we get to have is better than not having one at all."

    My mom's version is more concise but not quite as lyrical: "Birthdays are better than the alternative."

    ReplyDelete