26.2.13

Birthday


 

I grew up in the city of Los Angeles, known for it's mild, sunny climate.  Because of the climate, my mother would sometimes plan backyard parties, despite my wintertime birthday.  She always said, however, that in those years when she DID plan a backyard party, we could always count on rain.

And so it has always been, that if I planned something for my birthday which required good weather, it would inevitably rain (not that I'm really complaining, because I'm an odd sort who likes rain.)  A few years ago, however, I discovered another phenomenon which coincides with my birthday -- a  nice association and not at all the sort to spoil plans.

Plum blossoms!  End of February is the time for plum blossoms, and this makes me very happy.  Seeing trees crowned in pink is a pretty birthday gift, indeed.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - and enjoy your gift of blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful Birthday! Plum Blossoms are a wonderful present indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy, happy birthday, friend! I hope it's a wonderful day for you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Enjoy those beautiful blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not imagine a more magical gift than these beautiful blossoms to welcome your next trip around the sun. Many blessings to you dear Margaret. Happy happy birthday!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like blue skys too! Happiest birthday love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember going to the Melting Pot in the pouring rain to celebrate one of your birthdays. I didn't think it made a difference! Also bowling in your pj's with rain boots is fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Margaret!
    Pretty blooms for a pretty Bloom!
    Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, and what beautiful blossoms!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- I am always happy to hear from you! All comments will appear after moderation and so may not be immediately visible.