15.12.12

Without Words



I am without words. My heart goes out to families experiencing unimaginable grief in Newtown, Connecticut. I have gone from blog to blog reading what others have written and would like to share with you.  Jen of Sewn Natural offered a beautiful quote:

You – you alone will have the stars as no one else has them…In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night…You – only you – will have stars that can laugh. (The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery)


Eileen of Little Acorn Learning lives with her family only a few miles away from Newtown and speaks first hand of some of the devastation.  While nothing good can come from this tragedy, it is important to remember that there is still goodness in this world. In the face of this, she has started a project to search for goodness and light. Things right now feel very dark.  What Eileen is proposing feels right.

3 comments:

  1. Echoing your sorrows, M. So, so sad right now. "Look for the Light" is a beautiful offering. Thank you, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ‎"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world." -- Mr. Rogers

    I'm four days post-partum, a kindergarten teacher, and a mother...I've avoided all news of this tragedy as just hearing about it briefly has reduced me to tears for days. Mr. Rogers' words bring me some small comfort in this time of having heart so full and so broken at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart too is in pain. I have joined 'look for the light' with a comment. Pax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- I am always happy to hear from you! All comments will appear after moderation and so may not be immediately visible.