26.8.11

Weepy at the Library



A few weeks ago we were at the library.  Little Mr. B. was busy sniffing around for something good to read and I sat watching him with our wee Bloom on my lap.   To pass the time, I picked up a copy of Knuffle Bunny Free and started thumbing through it.  Little Mr. noticed and asked me to read it to him.  We loved the first two Knuffle Bunny books and we were finding this one equally delightful.  Then we got to page number 33. I couldn't read another word because I was crying bitter-sweet, tears of joy, and, in case you haven't read it yet, I won't say anything further.  Just know, it's a wonderful book and I encourage you to read it (after reading the first two Knuffle Bunny books, of course.)

But don't say you haven't been warned about that ending...

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to check that one out. We love his pigeon books so much that we give them as gifts to everyone we know with kids. Alyce needs some new reading that isn't about Barbie or Disney Princesses. I'll give you a hint and tell you that *I* didn't pick these ones out from the library.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised at how often I cry over children's books...of course, I cry over more than I ever thought possible since having a wee one...it just makes your insides turn to goo & you have no defenses anymore ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation....we love Mo Willems :D

    ReplyDelete