19.11.10

Knock-knock!

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Little Old Lady.
Little Old Lady who?
Why are you yodeling?

I think that's the first knock-knock joke I ever heard. It's very silly, but I guess that's the point.

A few weeks ago there was a fund-raiser book-fair at my sons school. I try to limit book purchases and use the library instead, but heck, this was a fund raiser, so I had to buy something, right? I picked up a little book of knock-knock jokes, and we've been having a lot of fun with it. My favorite ones tend to be cheeky (and somewhat rude.)

For example:

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Ida.
Ida who?
Ida want to tell you.

Knock-knock.
Who's there.
Nona.
Nona who?
Nona your business.

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Ax.
Ax who?
Ax nicely and I might tell you.

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Avenue.
Avenue who?
Avenue got a doorbell?

Knock-knock.
Who's there.
Butter.
Butter who?
Butter let me in, or else!

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Albee.
Albee who?
Albee back because you're taking too long to answer the door.

* * * * *
But my favorite all time knock-knock joke was told to me by a kindergartner in my sons class 2 years ago. The joke goes like this:

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Impatient cow.
Impatie...
MOOOOO!

* * * * *
Okay, I've probably tested your tolerance long enough...

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Thea.
Thea who?
Thea later alligator!

2 comments:

  1. *giggle* the first knock knock joke I ever learned was
    Knock knock
    who's there?
    Lettuce
    Lettuce who?
    Lettuce in it's freezing out here!

    and also
    Knock knock,
    who's there?
    banana
    banana who?
    knock knock
    who's there?
    banana
    banana who?
    knock knock
    who's there
    banana
    banana who?
    Knock knock
    who's there?
    Orange
    orange who?
    Orange you glad I didn't say banana again!

    have a happy weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Orange you glad I didn't say banana again" is a favorite around here, too (and I LOVE the "lettuce" one!)

    ReplyDelete