9.3.10

Another Day, Another Hat

Today Little Mr. requested we drive to school because he wanted to listen to our book-of-the-week on CD (we're listening to the second book in the series of The Sisters Grimm in the car -- it's a fun one...) but it was a beautiful morning and I saw no reason why we should drive to school. I told Little Mr. we would "listen to the world" instead of the book-on-CD. For a minute or so all I could hear were sounds of whining... then the rest of the world took over. We listened to a little wren (or maybe it was a sparrow high up at the top of a tree) warbling it's heart out. We saw a squirrel dashing in and out of a hole in an oak and Samuel said, "He's off to pay homage to King Acorn!" There were giant raccoon-prints in the mud and worms to rescue from puddles on the pavement. We waited at the corner for our friends and twirled around the pole...

And today Little Mr. wore the beautiful striped hat I made for him out of Noro yarn. I love making things to keep my family warm...

1 comment: